iContainers offers 2 ways to load a container. Depending on whether the client has the proper tools and expertise to personally load his good from the chosen address (permits and/ or neighbors authorizations). If not we can offer to hire the services of a warehouse near the port of origin. We recommend that our clients load and secure the cargo into their container themselves if there is no vehicle involved.
- 1. If the client is to personally prepare the loading at his home address, the following needs to be taken into consideration:
- a. There are 2 hours for loading included with the collection. Any extra time needed for the load will be charged accordingly. We do not include boxes nor packaging or loading personnel.
- b. The container will arrive on a truck with a height off the ground between 47in and 60in.
- c. Inside the container there are anchorage spots to secure cargo. Remember the tools for this anchorage are not included inside the container.
- d. If you are considering loading the car inside the container, remember to have a platform or other system to bring the vehicle to the containers height and also have the ratchet lashings to secure the car and cargo to the container.
- 2. We advise clients to utilize our warehouse service whenever the client has logistical issues including limited space, lack of proper tools, inability to acquire permits, etc. When using the warehouse, our client must bring their goods and/or vehicle to the address we will indicate during the process. The warehouse personnel will do the filling and securing of goods inside the container.
Posted in: Load Type and Shipment