Shipping your furniture as freight is typically the best way to ship furniture when moving abroad. The process may seem a bit daunting at first, but it can be very simple if you take the proper steps.
To help you out, we’ve compiled a list of tips to get prepaired!
• Sturdy and compact
• Folded or disassembled for proper shipping
• Secured (usually crated or palletized)
• Individually wrapped
• Not fragile
• Easy to move
• In sturdy, factory-packaged boxes
• Tightly with no loose pieces
• With labels on each individual box
• With cushion to protect your items
• Using packaging or shipping tape
• Using furniture straps for heavier items
Items that require special attention include…
Disassemble all pieces, then wrap and package them together
Try to use the original manufacturers box for the best protection or generously bubble wrap to prevent shifting
Remove all slipcovers and cushions and wrap these separately. Fully pad, protect, and crate to secure
This is a general list, but overall just be sure to secure your items to protect them from damage. For any specific questions you have about your shipment, contact us or call at (305)-371-9943
For more great tips and advice for your overseas move, do check out and like our Facebook page.