Regulations for Shipping to Israel
Regulations for shipping to Israel can be complicated for importers. To simplify this process, iContainers has compiled some information on the regulations for ocean freight shipping into Israel.
5 RULES WHEN SHIPPING TO ISRAEL
- Export documentation for ocean shipments must include the full name, full address and telephone number of both the exporter and importer.
- For documentation purposes, the Employer Identification Number (EIN) is required for U.S. exporter while the Value Added Tax (VAT), Tax Identification Number or Passport Number are required for the importer.
- A document detailing the exact description of the goods being shipped and their corresponding Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) is required for customs purposes as well as a list of the number and type of packages shipped.
- The Commercial Invoice for the international shipping must contain the following information: Name and address of the U.S. Shipper; description of the goods; country of origin; name and address of the Importer and Agent in Israel; delivery terms; rate of exchange (if applicable); Importers License Number (if applicable); shipping information; shipping marks; quantity or measurements; composition of goods (by percentage if mixed); tariff number; gross and net weight of each package; total weight of shipment, unit price, and total value of the shipment to include packaging, shipping, dock fees and insurance charges.
- The Packing List information must be consistent with the Commercial Invoice and the exact content of each package should be clearly identified. The packing list should also include each item’s gross weight, net weight and each package’s marks and numbers.
Failure to conform to the above requirements may result in additional charges and may jeopardize customs clearance in Israel.
Keeping these things in mind, you should have no trouble shipping to Israel’s main ports such as Ashdod, Haifa or Tel Aviv-Yafo. Especially when you choose iContainers as your online freight forwarder, giving you a quick LCL or FCL rate. Get a free instant quote using our online search engine today!