Your LCL shipment in seconds
Compare thousands of LCL rates and select the most competitive option for low-volume shipments.
- Optimize your costs: Pay only for the amount of space your shipment occupies.
- Compact and protect your cargo: Low-volume shipments are safer when shipped together in an LCL container.
- Minimize surprises from costs: With door-to-door LCL shipments, destination charges are made known in advance.
- Ship with stable rates: LCL rates are less volatile than FCL rates.
What is LCL?
LCL: Less than Container Load
LCL shipments, also known as groupage, refer to ocean freight shipments that are transported in a shipping container alongside cargo from other shippers by sharing the space within the container.
Here’s when you should book LCL
Find out if LCL shipping is the most competitive option for your shipment.
- When your volume is under 13m3: LCL rates are based on weight and volume. It is cheaper to ship via LCL when your shipment’s volume is under 13m3 → Lower shipping costs with LCL
- When you want to book last-minute shipments during the shipping peak season: During periods of congestion, it’s easier to secure a spot with LCL shipping than FCL → Secure a spot with LCL shipping
- When cargo volume is too high for a full container and too low to fill two containers: The cheapest option would be to fill an FCL container and ship the remaining via LCL → Optimize both FCL and LCL costs
- When the cargo isn’t urgent: While low-volume shipments can be transported via air freight, LCL shipping is a much cheaper alternative → Save money with LCL shipping
Book your LCL shipment with iContainers
- Control your LCL shipment from a 360º platform: Instant quotes, documentation, and container tracking.
- Get assistance from LCL shipping experts throughout the entire process.
Services included with your LCL shipment
What is included in our LCL rates?
- Cargo pick up or delivery
- Land transportation to or from the warehouse
- Consolidation/deconsolidation fees
- Transportation to or from the port
- Customs clearance
- Terminal charges
- Ocean freight
Most popular LCL shipments
- Palletized LCL: This is the most recommended option because your cargo is transported safely on pallets and allows for easy handling. Truckers also usually require cargo to be palletized for inland moves. → Palletize your cargo to protect your LCL shipment
- Loose LCL cargo: With loose cargo, your merchandise is transported in stacked boxes. While it’s a popular option for shipping LCL cargo in Asia, the merchandise is susceptible to damages. → This option compromises the security of your cargo and that of other shippers
Advice for your LCL cargo
- Any material used for packing and transporting your LCL cargo should be wood-treated and the ISPM-15 verified stamps should be visible. This applies to pallets, dunnage, wooden boxes, and any block and brace materials.
- Use high-quality packing material and do so with care as your shipment will be exposed to sudden and brusque movements during handling and transportation.
- When shipping fragile merchandise, make sure to use appropriate labels and ensure they’re visible. When possible, label all sides of the box.
→ Want to learn more about LCL shipping? Read our article on how LCL shipping works.
Calculate your LCL rate now for thousands of routes using our LCL rate calculator.