Door to door is a type of shipping where the freight forwarder guarantees that the goods will be picked up from and delivered to the points agreed upon by the end customer. It is different from door to port or port to port because it means that it begins and ends at the postal codes of the cities covered by the freight forwarder.
iContainers door to door
Are you looking to ship more transparently to or from a particular destination? Do you want a service that skips the intermediaries and makes tracking your shipment easier? iContainers door to door service is for you.
iContainers provides a door to door ocean freight service to and from a variety of destinations. Thanks to the online quote system, you can now get rates in 15 seconds for your door to door container (FCL) and groupage (LCL) shipments.
Advantages of our door to door service:
- You do not need to deal with two freight forwarders, one at origin and the other at destination
- Do not waste time waiting for a customised quote
- Get quotes and make reservations quickly, transparently and easily, groupage (LCL or Less than Container Load) and full 20 foot, 40 foot and 40 foot HC containers
- Our prices include delivery or pick up in the main urban areas near the ports where we work
What does our door to door service include?
Shipping from A to Z
Our door to door service includes all the steps required for shipping cargo from its origin to the final destination:
- The pick up of the goods from the buyer’s warehouse or the indicated address to the port of origin (cost of cargo handling in the warehouse is to be borne by the customer)
- Shipment from the port of origin to the port of destination
- Customs clearance both at the port of origin as well as the port of destination,duties and taxes are not included
- The delivery of the cargo from the port of destination to the final destination at the customer’s warehouse or otherwise indicated address
All inclusive rates
Our door to door rates additionally include:
- Ground transport expenses (from the warehouse to the port of origin and from the port of destination to the warehouse)
- Local and cargo handling costs in the origin and destination ports
- Sea freight and surcharges
- Management and documentation delivery costs
- Customs clearance fees, excluding duties and taxes paid for the international sale of goods
INCOTERM for door to door
INCOTERM DAP (Delivered at Place) is what we use for our door to door service and includes the delivery of the goods to the point agreed upon by the customer. All of the main transport’s associated costs and insurance are included in our door to door rates, while importation costs are not included.
Sending FCL or LCL door to door
In ocean freight transportation, you have two options determined by the size of the shipment: full container (FCL) or shared container (LCL).
To understand the advantages of each type of shipment, visit the pages What is FCL shipping? and What is LCL shipping?
Countries where our door to door service is available: