Shipping Household Goods to San Antonio, Chile.
If you are planning a move to San Antonio, Chile, international freight shipping is an easy way to move your important household goods there as well. Before you go off to enjoy life in the Republic of Chile, let us help you make shipping household goods to San Antonio as simple as possible.
Chile’s customs clearance policy requires that the shipper be in Chile at the time of Customs clearance. The Agricultural Office (SAG) inspects all household goods which are assessed 6% duty over CIF value plus a VAT of 19% over CIF. Returning nationals are exempt of duty and taxes depending on the amount of time they have spent abroad.
- Copy of passport
- Residence Visa
- Work Permit
- Bill of Lading/Air Waybill
- Packing List
- Power of Attorney – notarized, giving authority for Destination Agent to clear shipment
- Sporting Weapons
- Require permit from Weapons Control Bureau
- More than 2.5 liters incurs duties & taxes
- 400 cigarettes & 500 gr of loose tobacco & 50 cigars per person
- Excess of this amount is subject to duties & taxes
- New furniture
- Requires invoices for all pieces
- Caviar, pearls, synthetic furs, uncut precious, semi-precious or synthetic stones
- Personal use only
- Narcotics/illegal drugs
- Firearms and weapons without the proper permits
- Meat & other foodstuffs (not in cans)
If you need more information on customs regulations for shipping to San Antonio, Chile, find it at http://webportal.atlasintl.com/Customs%20Docs/chile.pdf. iContainers ships from the United States to San Antonio, Chile and all over the world. Search for your rate to start planning your booking now.