How to minimize the risk of delay fees and GRI faced by your ocean freight shipment.
After all that time spent on obtaining the best ocean freight quote that adapts to your shipping needs, you finally have it. But is this really the final price? Ocean freight shipping is complex and unforeseen problems beyond your control are not uncommon. If left unmonitored and unplanned, the resulting delay fees and GRIs have the potential to greatly affect your overall shipping costs.
Download the guide now!
Did you know?
- 1 Delay fees can as much as double the overall costs of your ocean freight shipment.
- 2 Delay fees are often caused by unanticipated situations and factors beyond the control of the shipper.
- 3 While GRIs cannot be avoided, it is possible to minimize its impact with advanced planning.
What’s in this guide?
Delay fees are often the result of circumstances beyond your control, and there’s practically no way to avoid GRIs.
But fret not. As a shipper, there is so much within your control that can help you reduce the risks of these added costs.
In this guide:
- You’ll understand how the industry works so you know what to do and what not to do to avoid incurring unnecessary extra fees.
- We’ll explain, in detail, the causes of delay fees such as demurrage and detention, and GRI.
- You’ll get tips on how to reduce the risk of delay fees and work around the GRI to keep your supply chain costs to a minimum.