Door-to-door is a type of shipping where the freight forwarder guarantees that the goods will be picked up from and delivered to the points agreed upon by the end customer. It is different from door-to-port or port-to-port because it means that it begins and ends at the postal codes of the cities covered by the freight forwarder.
Are you looking to ship more transparently to or from a particular destination? Would you like a service that skips the intermediaries and makes shipment tracking easier? iContainers’ door-to-door service is for you.
iContainers provides door-to-door ocean freight services to and from a variety of destinations. Thanks to our online quote system, you can now get rates in 15 seconds for your door-to-door container FCL and LCL shipments.
Advantages of our door-to-door service:
- You deal with one freight forwarder instead of two (one at origin and the other at destination)
- Do not waste time waiting for a customised quote
- Get quotes and make reservations quickly, transparently and easily, for both LCL and FCL shipments in 20-foot, 40-foot and 40-foot HC containers
- Our prices include delivery or pick up in the main urban areas near the ports where we work
What does our door-to-door service include?
Our door to door service includes all the steps required for shipping cargo from its origin to the final destination:
- The pick up of the goods from the buyer’s warehouse or the indicated address to the port of origin (cost of cargo handling in the warehouse is to be borne by the customer)
- Shipment from the port of origin to the port of destination
- Customs clearance both at the port of origin as well as the port of destination. Duties and taxes are not included.
- The delivery of the cargo from the port of destination to the final destination at the customer’s warehouse or otherwise indicated address
All inclusive rates
Our door-to-door rates additionally include:
- Ground transport expenses (from the warehouse to the port of origin and from the port of destination to the warehouse)
- Local and cargo handling costs in the origin and destination ports
- Sea freight and surcharges
- Management and documentation delivery costs
- Customs clearance fees, excluding duties and taxes paid for the international sale of goods
Incoterm for door-to-door shipments
The DAP (Delivered at Place) Incoterm is what we use for our door-to-door service. It includes the delivery of the goods to the point agreed upon by the customer. All of the main transport’s associated costs and insurance are included in our door-to-door rates, while importation costs are not included.
Sending FCL or LCL door-to-door
In ocean freight transportation, you have two options determined by the size of the shipment: full container (FCL) or shared container (LCL).
To understand the advantages of each type of shipment, visit the pages What is FCL shipping? and What is LCL shipping?
Countries where our door-to-door service is available: